Have you ever wanted a summer job, where the reward is making others smile and seeing friendships blossom? We, the Camp Bowen Society for the Visually Impaired, are seeking a talented individual for the role of lifeguard at our child and youth camp, which will take place from July 8-12 on Bowen Island. The ideal candidate will have completed their lifeguard training and be first aid certified. Experience working with children or people with visual impairments is an asset but not a requirement.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with the rest of the team to plan water-related and dry-land activities for campers.
- Help ensure the safety of campers in and around the docks.
- Complement the primary first aid attendant by providing first aid if necessary.
- Enjoy your job.
- Assist with the supervision of camper activities.
Some more information is below:
- Job Type: Volunteer
- Location: Bowen Island, British Columbia
- Duration: July 8-12, 2013
- Program: Youth and Children Camp 2013
For applicants applying to the program, accommodations will be provided on a case by case basis. Please include your address in your cover letter to help us better determine this.
To get the next steps on how to apply, please contact Alex Jurgensen, Community Coordinator, at: (778) 908-0521. A cover letter and resume are required, along with proof of training of lifeguarding and first aid. References are extremely helpful but not a requirement.